Setup Node.js and NPM In Corporate Proxy.Mostly the companies have blocked their network by using the proxy settings so that we can been able to get the download and also the modules to be installed.
1. Get the node.exe from http://nodejs.org/dist/latest/
2. Copy it to a local folder which will be your node installation folder.
3. Get npm.zip from http://nodejs.org/dist/npm and extract it in node installation folder.
4. Add folder in PATH environment variable D:\nodeinstall;C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\npm;
5. Check if node and npm are running globally.
6. Create a file “.npmrc” and save all proxy details in it in the format
proxy = http://<username>:<password>@<proxy ip>:<proxy port> https-proxy = http://<username>:<password>@<proxy ip>:<proxy port> registry =http://registry.npmjs.org/ strict-ssl = false
7. Run npm adduser and give credentials.
8. Check if credentials are authenticated by npm whoami .
9. Run npm search for first time.
10. Run npm install -g express.
11. Run npm install -g express-generator.
12. Create project folder.
13. Change to project folder and run npm init
13. npm install
14. Run express.